Marketing refers to activities undertaken by a company to promote the buying or selling of a product or service. Marketing includes advertising, selling, and delivering products to consumers or other businesses. Marketing as a discipline involves all the actions a company undertakes to draw in customers and maintain relationships with them. At its most basic, marketing seeks to match a company’s products and services to customers who want access to those products. The matching of product to customer ultimately ensures profitability.Product, price, place, and promotion are the Four Ps of marketing. The Four Ps collectively make up the essential mix a company needs to market a product or service.
For a more in-depth view of larger projects please review Case Studies at the bottom of this page.
Social Media Marketing
Marketing is an ever growing exchange of relationships. Building trust and appreciation through your product, and services is of course the most important thing, but it hardly means anything if you cannot get your information to the right people. Traditional marketing comprises of research, analytics, development, and constant testing. This leads to devloping collateral and material that van be shared amongst others.
Online marketing can deliver benefits such as:
- Growth in potential
- Reduced expenses
- Elegant communications
- Better control
- Improved customer service
- Competitive advantage
Online marketing is also known as internet marketing, web marketing, digital marketing and search engine marketing (SEM).
Soundbite, (KJZZ/Rio Salado College) 2016-2018
I worked for public radio in Arizona for nearly ten years between 2009 and 2018. I began working for KNAU, Flagstaff Arizona’s Public Radio and NPR affiliate, starting as a System Operations Analyst, where I would work to keep the station on the air. Later this would lead me to work for the Division of Public Service at Rio Salado College, or better known as KJZZ (Phoenix Public Radio and NPR affiliate,) KBACH (Phoenix’s Premiere Classical Station,) SPOT 127 (KJZZ’s Youth Radio,) Sun Sounds of Arizona (Arizona’s top listening services radio station,) and Soundbite a new initiative between KJZZ and local Phoenix favorites Short Leash Hot Dogs.
Soundbite was and is unlike anything else. It is a mobile production food truck with the ability to host events on an attached stage, and broadcast live radio through a specially designed sound-booth. This project proved to be one of the most complex and unique endeavors I had the pleasure of developing. I entered on to the project once the design of the physical truck had begun; however, there were no marketing material, social media channels, websites, or public relations campaigns in place.
Within my first week of beginning at KJZZ, I was tasked with creating all marketing material, websites, and related collateral, as well as formalize a release party (with no concrete date,) construct a public relations campaign and ensure the grand reveal had an audience.
- Created all initial design collateral to include graphics for web, social, and print
- Developed and executed a successful public relations campaign that resulted in numerous local articles, and national level articles being writing
- Negotiate timetables, meetings, and expectations with major decision holders
- Designed main Soundbite website using Adobe XD and tested for efficient UX/UI standards
- Research, develop, and create dynamic models for Social Media and Marketing calendars.
- Negotiate requests and tasks delivered by numerous decision-makers, spoke with all C-Level executives involved to inform them of the process, and plans continually.
Wil's Grill, Flagstaff Arizona, 2014 to Present
Wil’s Grill is an independent catering company based out of Flagstaff, Arizona. I have had the pleasure of helping their business since the earliest days in 2012 to now. My role has shifted as their needs and budgets have allowed; however, I have always prided myself on being able to educate and inform clients so that they can feel confident to take more control of their communication efforts, especially as it relates to more personal things such as a brand’s voice.
I aided in the initial development of most every element of Wil’s Grill online presence, as well as helped them build their logo, brand standards, and most print collateral.
- Help document the progress of the business as well as capture imagery for marketing purposes through photography
- Developed logo, and aid in the creation of brand standards
- Assisted in the development of online presence to include websites and social media channel
- Guide and educate on social media planning, tracking and marketing efforts
- Designed graphics for print and digital marketing purposes (flyers, brochures, business cards, banners, etc.)
- Consult on best practices for printing collateral and presentation materials