Portfolio of Estevan Bellino
Hello, my name is Estevan Bellino, and I work in the field of Communications. If I had to narrow it down more specifically, then I would say I’m more in the areas of visual communications. However, I am continually extending my understanding to include all fields of communication to achieve the desired result I’m after.
I received my degree at Northern Arizona University in 2010 in Strategic Communications with an Emphasis in Visual Design and New Media. This education taught me how to couple the standards of traditional media approaches (advertising, marketing, public relations) with the then newly realized juggernaut that is the internet and new media (social media, e-mail marketing, digital advertising, et al.)
I have been working professionally in diverse fields of Communication for over ten years. In that time, I have not only learned “a little bit” about how to perform another function. I’ve learned how to do that job effectively and thoroughly. When placed in a position where I have to get something accomplished, I learn how to do it so I can master it and integrate it into my workflow.
- Excellent Verbal & Written Communication Skills
- Over 15 years with Adobe Creative Suites
- Over 10 years of Marketing Experience
- Over 10 years in Social Media Development and Marketing
- Over 10 years in Content Management Systems
- Over 15 years of Graphic Design and Website Optimization
Soundbite, (KJZZ/Rio Salado College) 2016-2018
I worked for public radio in Arizona for nearly ten years between 2009 and 2018. I began working for KNAU, Flagstaff Arizona’s Public Radio and NPR affiliate, starting as a System Operations Analyst, where I would work to keep the station on the air. Later this would lead me to work for the Division of Public Service at Rio Salado College, or better known as KJZZ (Phoenix Public Radio and NPR affiliate,) KBACH (Phoenix’s Premiere Classical Station,) SPOT 127 (KJZZ’s Youth Radio,) Sun Sounds of Arizona (Arizona’s top listening services radio station,) and Soundbite a new initiative between KJZZ and local Phoenix favorites Short Leash Hot Dogs.
Soundbite was and is unlike anything else. It is a mobile production food truck with the ability to host events on an attached stage, and broadcast live radio through a specially designed sound-booth. This project proved to be one of the most complex and unique endeavors I had the pleasure of developing. I entered on to the project once the design of the physical truck had begun; however, there were no marketing material, social media channels, websites, or public relations campaigns in place.
Within my first week of beginning at KJZZ, I was tasked with creating all marketing material, websites, and related collateral, as well as formalize a release party (with no concrete date,) construct a public relations campaign and ensure the grand reveal had an audience.
Skills and Tools Used for this Project:
|Art Direction||Public Relations|
|Copywriting||Social Media Marketing|
|Graphic Design||Web Design|
- Created all initial design collateral to include graphics for web, social, and print
- Developed and executed a successful public relations campaign that resulted in numerous local articles, and national level articles being writing
- Negotiate timetables, meetings, and expectations with major decision holders
- Designed main Soundbite website using Adobe XD and tested for efficient UX/UI standards
- Research, develop, and create dynamic models for Social Media and Marketing calendars.
- Negotiate requests and tasks delivered by numerous decision-makers, spoke with all C-Level executives involved to inform them of the process, and plans continually.
A propensity in Strategic Communications means that one can orchestrate and conduct the ideation and execution of communication campaigns. This is to include understanding how all the elements from Advertising to Brand Development, Copywriting, Content Development, Public Relations, and SEO/SEM work cohesively to bring the desired message to its correct audience.
Metric and Analytics
Marketing refers to activities undertaken by a company to promote the buying or selling of a product or service. Marketing includes advertising, selling, and delivering products to consumers or other businesses. Marketing as a discipline involves all the actions a company undertakes to draw in customers and maintain relationships with them. At its most basic, marketing seeks to match a company’s products and services to customers who want access to those products. The matching of product to customer ultimately ensures profitability.Product, price, place, and promotion are the Four Ps of marketing. The Four Ps collectively make up the essential mix a company needs to market a product or service.
For a more in-depth view of larger projects please review Case Studies at the bottom of this page.
Social Media Marketing
Graphic Design is a vital aspect of all communication efforts. Connecting an audience to a new thought or action is rarely an easy task, but it’s one that can be made easier with effective graphic design.Graphic Design is interesting in that it rests in so many fields, it is not bound just within marketing, or advertising, but rather it has found its way in every element of modern human interaction, to the extent that it informs effective web design methods. Profeciency in Graphic Design requires a careful pursuit in understanding human interaction, and how they are going to be evaluating the presented information, while weighing that against, time, budgets, and other varying real-world conundrums.
Print & Traditional
Today it's impossible to work in visual communications without being comfortable with some form of web development. I have been working in web development for the majority of my life. I was creating sites without even realizing the skill sets I was learning in the process.
Wil's Grill, Flagstaff Arizona, 2014 to Present
Wil’s Grill is an independent catering company based out of Flagstaff, Arizona. I have had the pleasure of helping their business since the earliest days in 2012 to now. My role has shifted as their needs and budgets have allowed; however, I have always prided myself on being able to educate and inform clients so that they can feel confident to take more control of their communication efforts, especially as it relates to more personal things such as a brand’s voice.
I aided in the initial development of most every element of Wil’s Grill online presence, as well as helped them build their logo, brand standards, and most print collateral.
Skills and Tools Used for this Project:
|Social Media Marketing|
|Email Marketing||Vehicle Wrapping|
- Help document the progress of the business as well as capture imagery for marketing purposes through photography
- Developed logo, and aid in the creation of brand standards
- Assisted in the development of online presence to include websites and social media channel
- Guide and educate on social media planning, tracking and marketing efforts
- Designed graphics for print and digital marketing purposes (flyers, brochures, business cards, banners, etc.)
- Consult on best practices for printing collateral and presentation materials
Illustration has been one of my primary outlets for as long as I could remember. Growing up, being made to move perpetually forced me into a practice of creating my worlds, one which I could take no matter where I went. Illustration is a practice that I have been able to keep up for nearly 30 years; every day, I’m illustrating something, even if they are nonconsequential doodles on the top of discarded mail.
I have been able to learn how illustration fits within so many purposes; they are often forms of visual communication that extend far beyond their intended purposes. Through illustration we can break through people’s defenses and ultimately engage in a more honest dialogue. Creating art that not only appeals aesthetically but also pushes the viewer to question some semblance of what they believe to be real truth is a process deeply embedded within any piece of art.
Comic Book Illustrations
Portraits & People
Music & Album Art
Photography is a fantastic tool; it’s so much more than simply recreating a still image to remember, it’s trying to capture an essence that we can revisit even if only for a moment. The hope is to tell a story with one frame accurately, and if done correctly, it should be able to transcend any “niche demographic” and reach out to wider audiences to get that story out to as many people wanting to hear it.
Concert & Event
Wedding & Engagement
After illustration, video production is the second earliest form of visual communication I delved in to. I began playing with the family camera when I was about six years old, eventually learning how to connect multiple VCR’s to make my first editing deck and start splicing film together.
Like all my other creative endeavors I strive to not only present a visually pleasing product, I aim to capture as much of the essence that is possible and bottle it in such a way that can be appreciated by as many people as possible. I get lost in the process of video production in a way unlike most other visual forms. The pieces begin to reveal themselves more like a puzzle waiting to be solved, and there is an addictive response in addressing every one of them.
Live Event Productions
Explorations of Emotions
Exploration of Emotions was my first personal project in quite some time, and it was one of the most significant projects I ever undertook. After nearly ten years of gestation, I spent over a year (November 2018-November 2019) working on this project for a minimum of 4 hours every day researching, writing, creating, producing, and posting. This project pushed nearly every one of my skill sets to their furthest points yet and did it in a way in which they were all work cohesively.
Exploration of Emotions took a new emotion each week and then chose seven songs that I believed to exemplify said emotion; this informed a visual art piece that was created and then a written article that delves deeper into both the emotion and the connection the music and art shared with the emotion. I researched each emotion I used each week to the best of my abilities. My goal wasn’t just to make art but instead find ways to connect intrinsically and academically.
Skills and Tools Used for this Project:
|3D Rendering||Online Marketing|
|Audio Production||Social Media Marketing|
- I created over 500 pieces of visual art, from illustrations to videos, photos, banners for websites and social media distribution; all within one year
- As a private project, I complete each day in conjunction with my regular work reinforcing the need in understanding project and time management
- Effectively created 52 mini-campaigns with different and unique looks, styles, and methodology in the approach of completion
- Increased efficiency in research and development of an abstract concept to a presentable form
- Create solutions to maintain tight deadlines and produce presentable material that is within the theme of that week's subject
- Refined and developed numerous methods of creative production to accomplish multiple styles of execution to maintain narrative voice and weekly theme